Because, since starting this blog back in July, I am going to be doing my first hashtag challenge ^_^
This one is about Kigurumi (keh-goo-roo-me), the Japanese word meaning Wearing Stuffed Toy. You have probably already noticed, this is becoming a more popular practice already with adults in your region. Some people openly wear them in public, others only to private parties & anime conventions, while others yet wear them for warm PJs.
However, in October 2016, I will be challenging you to wear your own in a public place and have a friend photograph or film you, as well as people's reactions to it. If you can, challenge your friends to wear them with you and go as a group (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
Yes I'll be wearing it around town also, here in Red Deer, Alberta. You're not alone!
- Always go with a friend. This minimizes harassment and embarrassment.
- Make sure you're wearing clothes underneath, in case you need to remove it.
- Start small, like a run to a convenience store or to get the mail.
- Ask first if you can wear it to work or school, to make sure it fits within policy.
- If people say "It's not Halloween!" just reply with "Well, it is October, so..."
Where To Buy:
I got mine from an individual seller via eBay. It came from Asia so it took about 3 weeks from order date. However, there are lots of reputable places from which you can purchase a Kigurumi:
- www.kigurumi.com $$$
- www.kigurumi-shop.com $$$
- www.lightinthebox.com/c/kigurumi-costumes $$
- www.kigukawaii.com $$
- www.ebay.com/bhp/kigurumi $
- www.kawaii-kigu.com $$
- www.kigutop.com $$
I know this has been done before, but from my research, not since 2014. And I know I don't own this hashtag, it is public domain and just for fun! ^3^
If I can find your picture of you in one, you will win a custom art prize! (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
Thanks and see you soon! xoxo