Thursday 27 April 2017

Today I Learned How to Dab

Hello sweet friends!

Though this blog focuses on cute and sweet stuff, today we are taking a tour to the hip-hop world. It actually starts with Beauty and The Beast, the 2017 remake we went to go see in March. I sometimes get a jones to hear those songs again which is why YouTube is so amazing!

So anyway, here I was listening to 'Be Our Guest' sung by Ewan McGregor and Emma Thompson, when I was browsing the comments and many people said they saw Lumiere (the candlestick) do something called 'dabbing'. This seemed like a really popular topic among the younger audience and my first thought was something naughty and R-rated.




Apparently, when Lumiere went to disengage from the napkin wrapped around him while singing, he made a gesture that looked a little like a sneeze into the crook of his arm while singing, and that's what all this fuss about 'dabbing' was about. Yet I was still fascinated. I know this isn't really the type of blog where we'd share this sort of thing, but since I live in Canada and there's talk of 'MJ' being legalized here in 2018, I'm just going to share this related video so you guys know what the heck I'm going on about here:


So now I have a new dance to add to my awkward white girl dancing repertoire ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘


(✿◠‿◠) (✿◠‿◠) (✿◠‿◠) (✿◠‿◠) (✿◠‿◠) (✿◠‿◠)


And in other news, today is April 27 so instead of always trying to draw or otherwise 'create' the next daily kawaii art project, sometimes I just see the inspiration around the house. I happen to be a collector of kawaii things, and today I noticed my Lalaloopsy doll and Draculaura doll appeared to be engaged in conversation, so I carefully lifted one of Draculaura's hands to imply she's speaking. How adorable it would be if dolls could talk - and who knows? Maybe they do when humans aren't around.

"Haunted Dolls"

Well friends, that's all for now! I'm going to leave you with some hugs and I look forward to chatting with you next time. We may not be able to do a proper Feature Friday tomorrow (though, we might) as I work tomorrow afternoon. I will do my best to keep up with the posting here. Always appreciative of you guys!

xoxox Daryl J.






No comments:

Post a Comment