Today was the appointment for my semi-annual (2x a year) hygienic teeth cleaning. I was sure embarrassed, because it was a pretty gross experience. I admit I wasn't flossing all the way to my back teeth because it was hard to reach them. But after an honest, down-to-Earth talk with the hygienist, I made a vow to myself:
But first... I'm sharing with you April 7's #Kawaii365 project:
So this vow is about oral hygiene. I am currently writing an eBook [to sell on Etsy] that is about integrity to one's self and changing paradigms, so I'd be a bad author if I didn't practice what I preach. Making self-promises and then following them does wonders for our psyche and our overall wellness! (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
From this day on, I'm going to do a routine that lasts a minimum of 5 minutes. Teeth are important after all, and dentures are expensive!
- I'm going to start by flossing. This will loosen the food debris and make it easier to remove.
- I'm going to brush with the manual brush the hygienist gave me - And I'm going to use the 45* angle and brush the gum line.
- Then I'm going to use the electric toothbrush (I have a spin one, but sonic ones work just as well. Oral B is a great brand).
- After all this I'm going to floss again to make extra sure.
- Then, using a tongue cleaner (found in the oral care aisle in most stores), I'm going to make sure my tongue and inside of my cheeks have been cleaned.
- Then I'm going to finish off with mouthwash.
- Oh, and - this is my 2x a day routine :)
Even though I do not have perfect, straight pretty teeth - Actually, some people would even affectionately call me a 'snaggletooth' because my teeth are all crowded, I have 4 sharp 'vampire teeth' and one of my top teeth is even sideways lol. I look a bit like the actor Steve Buscemi (he's my inspiration as a Hollywood star who said no to expensive and unnecessary treatments) - oral hygiene is still super important and can still make a world of difference!
Thank you as always for reading 💖, and have an amazing weekend!
**There is no Feature Friday posted today due to busy-ness. Look for April 14's double-post ^_^