Friday 7 April 2017

Proper Oral Hygiene

Good evening, konbanwa!

Today was the appointment for my semi-annual (2x a year) hygienic teeth cleaning. I was sure embarrassed, because it was a pretty gross experience. I admit I wasn't flossing all the way to my back teeth because it was hard to reach them. But after an honest, down-to-Earth talk with the hygienist, I made a vow to myself:

But first... I'm sharing with you April 7's #Kawaii365 project:


So this vow is about oral hygiene. I am currently writing an eBook [to sell on Etsy] that is about integrity to one's self and changing paradigms, so I'd be a bad author if I didn't practice what I preach. Making self-promises and then following them does wonders for our psyche and our overall wellness! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

From this day on, I'm going to do a routine that lasts a minimum of 5 minutes. Teeth are important after all, and dentures are expensive!

  1. I'm going to start by flossing. This will loosen the food debris and make it easier to remove.
  2. I'm going to brush with the manual brush the hygienist gave me - And I'm going to use the 45* angle and brush the gum line.
  3. Then I'm going to use the electric toothbrush (I have a spin one, but sonic ones work just as well. Oral B is a great brand).
  4. After all this I'm going to floss again to make extra sure.
  5. Then, using a tongue cleaner (found in the oral care aisle in most stores), I'm going to make sure my tongue and inside of my cheeks have been cleaned.
  6. Then I'm going to finish off with mouthwash.
  7. Oh, and - this is my 2x a day routine :)
Even though I do not have perfect, straight pretty teeth - Actually, some people would even affectionately call me a 'snaggletooth' because my teeth are all crowded, I have 4 sharp 'vampire teeth' and one of my top teeth is even sideways lol. I look a bit like the actor Steve Buscemi (he's my inspiration as a Hollywood star who said no to expensive and unnecessary treatments) - oral hygiene is still super important and can still make a world of difference!

Thank you as always for reading 💖, and have an amazing weekend!




**There is no Feature Friday posted today due to busy-ness. Look for April 14's double-post ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment