Saturday 8 April 2017

Museum Date And More

Konbanwa, it's a late one tonight!

It's been a fairly busy weekend so far and I'm very glad Rob let me sleep in this morning :)

So today we went to the local mall where the city had put together a big community event called Let's Talk 2017. These are great events because it gives citizens an opportunity to ask questions and learn more about infrastructure, leisure, parks and recreation, etc.

And one of mine & Rob's very favorite places in Red Deer (Alberta) is the Museum and Art Gallery (MAG). We've many an awesome date there and the staff are always so friendly. So today at the community event at the mall we saw a booth for 'MAG' where they were handing out free canvas tote bags that we could draw on with fabric markers, so Rob & I collaborated on a happy house and smiling sun 🌞


Then afterward, we felt inspired to go to the museum on a date (it is seriously so fun there - we enjoy it every time!) and they happened to be having a Saturday event today where we could go to the drawing room (literally) and create art called Blackened Sunflowers. We each got a piece of thick construction-type black paper and a choice of wax crayons or oil pastels. I chose crayons. So within a 20-minute time frame I scribbled this out, which was great practice for drawing my next adult coloring book to sell on Etsy this Spring:

It's amazing how shiny it ended up being!

I absolutely love that Rob & I go on art-related dates! His support means so much to me emotionally, and it's also very helpful from a career perspective. Case in point: Because Rob was the one who encouraged us to go to the library for that coloring event where we won the book Unstuck, I felt inspired to jump into this 365 daily art project (✿◠‿◠)

Rob coloring at the event with me in July 2016

And that time Rob bought me a gift card for Color Me Mine. We had a very nice time painting some ceramics together. Well, I mostly enjoyed the painting since as an artist it's 'my thing'. And I enjoyed him watching me with love in his beautiful hazel eyes. I felt like his personal princess (✿ ♥‿♥)


Have a good rest of the weekend!
Daryl J.



No comments:

Post a Comment