Saturday 26 November 2016

Getting Ready for Christmas

Tick, tock, tick... that's the clock reminding us that the holidays are getting painfully close. Okay okay, it's not painful but it sure is busy! And expensive. Have you started yours yet?

I vowed to myself that we wouldn't do anything Christmassy until December - but, working in retail and it having just been Black Friday, I couldn't resist. I got Rob & myself some cozy PJs, then we proceeded to put up lights on our balcony, hang a wreath, and today we did over $400 worth of Christmas shopping, I stuffed a stocking and even wrapped 3 gifts! And it's November 26!

We also attended Red Deer's beautiful Festival of Trees, which was nothing short of stunning! A whole Pavillion full of stunning Christmas trees to bid on, and of course live entertainment, hot chocolate and sweets are available too (you know me and gingerbread ^.^) The proceeds go to support our hospital here, and over the past 23 years this event has raised $12.9 million (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧




And speaking of November 26 - I want to 'decorate' this blog for the holidays, so I gave the banner above a chilly upgrade, complete with my very own clipart (available on Etsy)!


And it is also today's #Kawaii365 project, because well, it's technically kawaii and it's a project and I made it today. So it's hard to argue with solid logic :D

Thank you for reading, hope you had a fun and safe last Saturday of November, and see you tomorrow!

Get the Christmas coloring book here on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment