|One of 5 of my clipart available on Etsy|
It's finally the big day - October 31! And I want to celebrate by sharing a short list of some very spooky Japanese horror movies for you to maybe watch tonight - with a friend!
- The Grudge - in this film, a man cracks up and kills his wife, son & cat after suspecting an affair. An unsuspecting family later moves into the home where they are haunted by the deceased, including a cat/boy/demon hybrid.
2. The Ring - a man finds a cursed video tape and bizarre things begin to happen.
3. Apartment 1303 - an abusive mother drives her daughter to a murder-suicide, and then they both continue to be 'stuck' in the apartment.
4. The Suicide Forest - an American student goes to Japan and films a documentary in a severely haunted forest and her friends are killed around her as they go.
5. One Missed Call - Try watching both the American adaption (2008) and the Japanese original (2003). A student's cell phone keeps sending eerie ring tones from beyond the grave!
6. The Complex - Don't move in here! A haunted complex where bizarre and violent things keep happening! You may like to keep the lights on.
6. Reincarnation - A hotel is notoriously haunted after a series of murders take place.
- Invite 1 to 3 friends over to watch with you.
- Keep some lights on.
- Go pee and poo before getting started, to make sure you have no accidents.
- Wear comfortable clothing, in case you end up sweating or shaking with fear.
- Ensure beforehand that all doors & windows are locked (to reduce paranoia)
- Turn down the ringer on your home phone, just in case.
- Expect that you may hear knocking at the door, and it's just trick-or-treaters.
- Have food & drink, but don't put anything in your mouth during suspenseful scenes (this will literally reduce risk of choking during jump scares).
- Try following up with a light-hearted Disney movie before going to sleep.