Thursday 2 March 2017

A Tough Time

Hello friends, it's been awhile, eh?

First of all, I'd like to apologize to you for the long delay. I understand a lot of you tune in daily and it's disappointing when there's nothing new to read.

Today is Thursday, March 2 and the last post here was in late February. Also, yesterday normally would have been a Review Wednesday (which are awesome because they are fun to do!) but in this special case, I was not feeling up to doing one.

Why?

Because on February 10 of this year, we lost a valuable family member. He was the glue that held the clan together and even in his golden years, always put forth effort to bring us all together. And he did that one last time on February 28, at the memorial service. There has been a roller coaster of emotions, as well as family getting together to work on other related things right now.

In fact, due to a heavy heart and tired eyes from crying, I did not even feel up to doing a February 28 #Kawaii365 project. Thank you for your understanding.

I did one for yesterday, after being inspired by the way this family member lived, and turned it into a Tee decal available on RedBubble:

"Live more, care less" was a feeling I picked up from this person during the memorial. That's what he did.


Now bear in mind please, that though I am sharing this today, it was for yesterday. So later on this evening, I will have another one created for today's date. I apologize for the confusion, it's been a hectic time.

And in other news...

For those of you who have been following this blog since it's beginning in July of 2016, then you know that it was inspired by winning a copy of Noah Scalin's book "Unstuck" at an adult coloring event held at the library here in Red Deer. It was one of the coolest nights of my life!

My husband & I are both left-handed colorists :)



Well anyway, because of my eternal gratitude to the library for hosting this fun coloring event (which was monthly) that led to my becoming an art blogger, I wanted you guys to be in the know that they now no longer do the monthly event. However, if you live in Red Deer (Alberta) then you can still stop by the downtown library and request a coloring sheet and some pencil crayons for some quiet time at the table. It is still a marvelous place to hang out and still one of my favorite places in the city to visit.

Thank you everyone for your support, it really does mean a lot. If you feel badly about missing my 29th birthday on Saturday, the 25th, don't despair. You can still make a contribution at https://www.patreon.com/helpakawaiiartist or share this cute 'eCard' that I made:


No comments:

Post a Comment