Saturday 29 October 2016

Slightly Spooky Video of Living Plushies

I know this is going to seem really odd, but with Halloween so close now, I want to share with you something that's spooked me for awhile now. My husband likes to buy mostly Hello Kitty plush toys and pillows for me, because he knows I adore how soft & cute they are. We've had this tradition since our very first date in August of 2008.

At the time, I never gave thought to the possibility of them being 'alive' in some way, and Rob often teases me that they have awareness and feelings, so I just roll my eyes at his sense of humor. However, we have both observed that they seem to have some personality, as they have an intense stare that feels like they can actually see. And they've been caught moving (like rolling over on the bed) without being touched. The first time it happened, Rob & I just laughed because it seemed like coincidence. After awhile, it didn't.

Now we've come to live with the concept that some of our own spirits (Kokoro in Japanese culture) may have begun to inhabit them. I don't tell a lot of people because they'd either believe I'm crazy, or just teasing them for a reaction.


Anyway, here is the video. If you'd like to see it bigger, click to see it on YouTube with a wider screen format.

No comments:

Post a Comment