Saturday 4 April 2020

Where Have I Gone?

Hello lovely friends!

👋😃

In 2016, I began this #Kawaii365 blog, which was a huge player in my career as a (now copyrighted) cartoonist. Together, we've experienced all kinds of posts referencing "cute pop culture" and I even suggested posts called:

-Review Wednesdays
-Feature Fridays
-and Are They Kawaii?
-as well as Retro Kawaii

I want to tell you all that it was a lot of fun, and I met some amazing people along this artistic and cultural journey.  I gained confidence, learned a lot, and gained new skills.  I learned what it means to truly appreciate fans...

Now, it's April 2020 and it seems I've fallen off the face of the Earth since the last post in September of last year, and I wanted to explain why, and where I've gone.

This pains me to be say... but the reason I stopped producing so many of these 'kawaii blog posts' is because they've caused me to be called a spammer, and started getting removed by facebook 😭

Yes, facebook. I don't know if someone reported me, or if it was an algorithm thing, but several months' worth of cute art and culture posts were removed, just like that.  I was shocked.  I was angry.  I was devestated.  And not only do I lament the loss of the posts themselves, but I got several accusatory messages from facebook, saying I "went against their community standards."   So... cute art isn't up to their standards then.

So this made me realize, if no one can see my posts anyway, why put my heart & soul into creating them?  So I stopped.

In the meantime, I have become copyrighted in the creation of the Zoo'd Animal Hybrid Friends, a kawaii-cute bunch of 'weird friends' who live on a planet discovered by a mad scientist, who put them there to protect them.  Please see the video below for more info:



Thank you to everyone who has shown support on this artistic and fun journey.  You all mean a lot to me. Blessings xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment