Friday 6 July 2018

Double Feature Friday!

Hello lovely friends ≧◡≦

First of all, I'd like to sincerely thank you guys for your patience with me. When this blog began in the Summer of 2016 (about 2 years ago now), I had basically promised to be more 'present' with you... to keep you entertained, as you come back to this cute blog again & again, to enjoy more stuff.

And yet, as a 30-year-old person, adulting has kept me so busy, that sadly, this blog - my baby! - often seems to take a back burner and that's not cool. So as I squeeze in time (even before bed or early in the morning before work), I appreciate that you still come back here, even when it's been weeks since the last post. Thank you!


Okay so, Feature Fridays were a really big thing here on this blog for some time, and one of my favorite things for quite awhile, was to reach out to others in the 'kawaii' community, whether they be fellow artists, musicians, bloggers, fashion moguls, YouTubers or super fans of the culture.

My life is going to get even busier than usual, since soon I'm taking a cartooning course at the college to improve my skills for the Zoo'd Animal Hybrid Friends. So this will be one of the last Feature Fridays for awhile... and because my 'to-do' book has become back-logged, I'm doubling this one.




First up is a super cute YouTube channel I found accidentally awhile back, and she goes by Nightcore Stern. This channel is so nice because she adds a 'cute' element to classic pop songs, by speeding them up and adding some fun K-Pop style overlays, and if you're okay with very high soprano voices, then you'll also appreciate this. The thing that really gets me happy about this channel, is the cute anime-looking characters that are used as the background visuals for each song/video. Here is an example:





And in the interest of keeping things quick here, our next runner-up is a cute travel site called 'Our Kawaii Tokyo'. I like it because - though I haven't yet had a chance to visit Japan - this site is informative and sweet, with ideas on things to do when visiting. It's run by two girls named Ashley and Kaila, based in Japan and in the Philippines. Definitely worth checking out!

kit-box-kotobukiya-cafe-sumikko-gurashi-70
From the Our Kawai Tokyo blog



Thank you for checking out this fun post, and watch for more coming soon! Even when you don't see anything new from me in awhile, be sure that this blog - and you - are always on my mind! 

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Daryl J.

No comments:

Post a Comment