Some people notice that I post a lot of my art/design stuff on social media, and that my facebook page and groups are filled with things from my RedBubble shop, Etsy shop, and more. I don't want you to perceive me as 'spammy' and so today I'm happy to share some more info about me, via questions & answers.
As long as you're not trolling (you're better than that 🙂😃), I love answering the questions from you guys, the awesome readers 💗
Here we go...
- What's the last dream (or nightmare) you had? - It was a nightmare actually, and it was the second Stranger Things-themed one. The first ST nightmare I had was after watching Season 2, and then dreamed that Rob & I were trying to hide from a Demodog, but due to talking loudly, it ate us both. The more recent one was actually a replay of the scene where Mike's youngest sister, Holly, sees the face bulging through the wall in Joyce's house. That really freaked me out IRL!
- What's your favorite music or song right now? - Currently I'm really big into 1980s music. Yes some of it is because of my Stranger Things obsession, but also it's the era in which I was born so it feels like a call-back to listen to all that 80s goodness.
- If you could have any super power, what would it be? - I'd love to have all the Hollywood ones, such as being able to fly, super strength & speed, insanely smart, X-ray vision, turning invisible, etc. but it's selfish to want them all. I guess the way to have them all, is to be like Jack-Jack from The Incredibles.
- Your guilty food pleasure? - Oh this is easy! It's sweets, all the way. Chocolate, donuts, cakes, cookies, ice cream, candy... my pancreas probably hates me right now.
- Most embarrassing moment? - I've had so many, it's hard to choose just one. I remember a job interview where the guy worded the question funny and I didn't understand or know how to answer... and the time I tripped and fell right between 2 cute boys in the hall in junior high school. I've just got to say that I've had too many to keep count.
- What's your go-to breakfast? - Typically I go for something sweet, and a coffee. That's why I really miss living near a Tim Horton's back in the day.
- Do you have any weird habits? - Of course, who doesn't?? Well, I do talk to myself a lot. Especially when I think someone nearby is watching me/listening. In an indirect way, I'm consciously communicating with them. I also like to smell my fingers after scratching my head, for some reason.
- Where's your favorite place in the world? - I've been to some really awesome places in this world, including around Canada (mostly West), and places like Punta Cana and even Las Vegas... but I must say that my favorite destination on Earth, is Jamaica, mon. It just seems really 'chill', for a place that's so hot.
- Who is your favorite musician? - I like strong female musicians, and it's hard to choose 'just one'. Some of my faves are Pink, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Cher, Gwen Stefani (esp. her older stuff), Alanis Morissette, Joni Mitchell, Janis Joplin... you get the picture ♀
- When's the last time you cried? - About a week & a half ago. I was under a lot of stress (I have an anxiety disorder, and little things really get to me). Anyhow, Rob tried to do something nice for me, but I got pissed off instead and ran to the other room and burst into tears. I felt not only guilty, but also really embarrassed.
- Do you have any pets? - I grew up in a family that always had cats, at least one, and so I was devastated when our last one passed away in 2010. I haven't gotten a new cat since then, but I pretend my collection of Hello Kitty dolls are my cats. I don't put out food dishes or litter boxes for them or anything, but I do talk to them and pet them and stuff. I created a new Instagram account for them: Hello_Sweet_Kitty
- Why did you choose to be an artist? - This is a great question that several people have asked me. There are several reasons. When I was a child, my mum saw my blossoming potential and strongly encouraged me to use my talents in a career. I love the feeling of accomplishment and self-expression that comes from finished work. It feels awesome when people want to spend their money on my work (esp. with commission work because to me, it feels like a meeting of minds and a bond between humans). And your compliments warm my heart, thanks!
- Do you have a dream car? - My favorite styles of car, are Japanese-made sedan style. The one I wanted all throughout my teen years was a Mitsubishi Lancer (in a silvery blue), but then found out I cannot legally drive due to a neurological condition.
- How do you typically start your day? - Well, I love sleeping in, so on days off I get up after 8am. I tend to stop & make the bed, then I stumble to the kitchen for a coffee so I can feel human. Then, with coffee & breakfast in hand, I check emails or whatever before I go clean up & get ready for the day. I'm pretty lazy and not usually in a rush.
- Which, of all of them, was your favorite birthday? - I'm going to have to say it's my most recent one, when I turned 30. My husband Rob is so romantic, he took us to an upscale hotel called The Fairmont Palliser, and we stayed there like we were in a spa retreat. He even secretly talked to staff and had them leave a surprise cake and decorations in our room that evening. I also really enjoyed my 26th birthday with Rob, because we all went out to Nanta Karaoke Bar and rented a private room - about 7 or 8 of us all singing and getting drunk.
- What are your favorite hobbies? - Watching older TV shows or movies, listening to music & doing yoga, drawing/creating, journaling, dancing, singing, playing keyboard, reading.
- Do you have any catch phrases? - I don't think I really do, but I've been told I say 'OMG!' out loud a lot, as well as saying 'hashtag' in front of random things.
- What's one thing you'd love to do? - I would love to ride a horse. It sounds funny to say, being that I live in Alberta and this is easily possible. I rode a small pony as a child, and horses always seem so tender & gentle, and fun to ride leisurely around a field or through a forest.
- What was your scariest moment? - I grew up in a haunted house. Well, it was the second one I lived in, moved in when I was 11. But throughout my teen years, there were many instances of the paranormal... and the one that stands out the most was during a sleepover with a pal named Rachael. We threw a blanket on the kitchen table to make a tent, then told ghost stories and as we started, there was a very loud scraping sound from the basement (where the cat's litterbox was, but the cats were all upstairs at the time). We looked out into the darkness, being not far from the open basement door, and then bolted upstairs to my bedroom to hide.
- Where were you born/grew up? - I was born & raised in Calgary, Alberta (Canada). In 2015 I moved with my awesome husband here to Red Deer, AB. Canadian through & through, right down to my love of maple & moose.
Thank you guys for all the love & support! I could sit & draw all day [around other things that keep me busy] but if it wasn't for you guys buying my work on apparel, or coloring in sheets that I drew, then there'd be no reason to pursue art. I love all you guys!