Wednesday 9 August 2017

A New Kind of Review (Wednesday)

Hello, konnichiwa friends!

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Today is another Review Wednesday (for August 9), and though I usually review a cute toy or fun snack, we're changing things up a bit this week.

As you might already know, I recently began a new line of kawaii animal characters called Zoo'd. They are hybrids of 2 animals morphed together. And there are 12 of these characters in total 😃

The idea for them started out as one of the #Kawaii365 projects:


These were the rough edits, before I drew them digitally.


And at the time, I wasn't actively planning to create 9 more. I started out posting them on RedBubble, and then when they gained positive traction, I felt inspired to take it further...


So then I sat down with my 'biz binder' (literally a zipper binder full of all things related to Etsy, adult coloring, this blog, artist's finance, and other design stuff) and created all 12 of these cute animal hybrids. Somehow, I already 'knew' who they are. Each one has a distinct personality and background story. If someone asked me who they were based on, I wouldn't even consciously know.


One of the next steps, to finish off the daily art projects on this blog, was to start a brand new blog for the above characters. You know, so they'd have a space to call their own. 

So a few weeks ago, that's what I did. You can read their character profiles (and more) right here



And what is the point of a blog for them, if they didn't also have their own facebook group?


So in addition to the free desktop wallpaper above (designed for a 4:3 ratio but can be resized after you save it to your computer or mobile device), these characters are going to have a coloring and activity book coming soon to my Etsy shop (will share when complete) and even a web comic.

And, someday if enough fans show enough love and support, we may even have these turned into plushies via Jazwings! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧


Now let us know in the comments below, or on the facebook group - who is your favorite?




Want to get featured on this blog?

⭐Do you create anything considered 'Kawaii'?
⭐Are you a Harajuku fashion or Cosplay blogger?
⭐Do you just love Hello Kitty, Rilakkuma, or another cute character?

For a long time, we've enjoyed doing weekly features on this blog every Friday. However, it's been awhile since I've been in contact with someone who wants to be featured. You can be the next star!

Just email me at darylannderoche@gmail.com 😙

No comments:

Post a Comment