Thursday 13 July 2017

So What Now?

Konnichiwa friends!


As you know on July 10 of this year, the Kawaii365 art project came to an official end. I can't lie, it is a little depressing. I feel that because I got so used to it (it only takes 2 months to form a habit, and this was 6x that). The feeling of self-expression and trying new crafts or drawing styles, became a little bit addictive (●´ω`●)

However, there is a great feeling of pride, gratitude and excitement. It's still surreal how fast the year went, as how far this 'cute art' project was able to go. I cannot take full credit, since a lot of it came from collaboration. There are too many names to list, but if you're reading this, then you know who you are. Whether you hired me for an art program or event, commission work, or helped me network by sharing samples of my art - I appreciate you (✿◠‿◠)



So there have been people asking: 'What are you going to do with the blog now?' And that's a great question. I'd still love to do a 'Are The Kawaii?/Review Wednesday/Feature Friday' (every second day) schedule on this blog. Yesterday, we didn't do one since we're still in 'wrap-up' mode.



However, I will do my best to have a Feature Friday available for you guys tomorrow! Connecting with others in the kawaii, arts and blogging community is one of my favorite things 💗


Also, every 3rd month or so, I like to 'challenges' with regards to Japanese art or culture. See the KaraokeChallenge and KigurumiChallenge.

Currently, we are doing an OrigamiChallenge - you are encouraged to make some paper art and then share it on your social media, while tagging this blog so we can find you and share your work.


The above are some samples of the origami I've tried so far. Thanks to Chrissy from Paper Kawaii, I am learning new ones too. Yay!



So stay tuned on this blog - there will be upcoming posts, including horoscopes (like this one). I'd also like to try some Japanese and Korean beauty products and routines - so let me know if you have any suggestions!


And, speaking of features, check out this one from Red Deer News Now:

http://rdnewsnow.com/article/544797/year-long-art-project-brings-out-best-local-woman


I never want to let this kind of coverage go to my head - it is the people of Red Deer (and others I've met via this blog) who made this possible! Thank you! xoxo






And just so you know, today, July 13, is National Fry Day! If you live in the USA, please enjoy some free (or cheaper price) French fries today!



No comments:

Post a Comment