Friday 1 March 2019

Review of Cute Candy Food

Hello everyone (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

It's been awhile (a month) since I've posted here with you guys, and a lot has happened. I've had some recent ideas for individual blog posts, but then I got an idea to do a nice combined one for you instead ^_^


Valentine's Day

I'm going to start with the gifts Rob got me for our 11th Valentine's Day together - he found a pink Hello Kitty which has hearts right in her fur!  And he also got me a pre-Easter one as well, since it's undeniably cute that she's holding a egg-shaped bunny.


You can see pretty well my whole collection at @hello_sweet_kitty




My Birthday

So as you know, I celebrated my 31st birthday on Monday, February 25th (I'm a sun Pisces) and Rob surprised me with a really cool Stranger Things bag. One of my work pals showed me photos of this cute bag because she knows I am obsessed with this show. So then I dragged Rob to EB Games to show him the bag, only to come away disappointed by the higher price. Then, a couple weeks later, he presented it to me as a birthday gift! 



If you are curious, at first glance it's "all the characters", but upon closer inspection, you can see it's a variety of Eleven's different looks. The ones from Hawkin's Lab when she's got her head shaved and lab equipment attached to her. There is the famous blonde wig look - including later without the wig when she's caught stealing Eggos. Then there is the "farm girl" look when she first meets her long-lost sister, followed by the cooler "Bitchin'" look they give her. And last but not least, the Snow Ball Dance look, when she dances with Mike - so romantic! 




A Busy Month

As you can see by the picture below, February has been a pretty busy month! 

This is one of four calendars available on my Etsy Shop - Now only 99 cents CAD


I was doing everything from attending tax workshops at RDC and practicing pictures for Art Battle, to painting an Adirondack chair for a fundraising event for Red Deer's own CentreFest, and attempting to create two characters for Nuit Blanche (sadly, they were not able to make it). 


Art Battle February 26, 2019


part of the Adirondack chair project (2019)

Paul the Polar Bear (Polly the Penguin not pictured). Designed for Nuit Blanche.

Miniature painting I created while practicing for Art Battle. I used acrylics, with small brushes on a "velvety" black plastic piece, about 4 inches by 1.75 inches.






Cute Candy Food Review

I bet by now, you were thinking the title was some sort of click bait… haha I didn't troll you. I really AM reviewing some cute candy burgers and hot dogs.  Rob & I went on a date this month to Heritage Lanes bowling alley, which has a pretty cool arcade! 

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

So we played some games and earned some tickets, and had enough to get these 2 widdle (little) hot dogs and 2 widdle burgers - *SQUUEEEE*




My husband asked if they were even edible - after all, they do sort of look like erasers. They seem to be called efrutti as a brand name. I've never seen that confectionary brand before, but it's pretty decent.  On a personal level, I'm not a huge fan of chewy candies (I prefer chocolates, or suckable things on sticks like lollipops, though I am partial to sour keys).  So my review of these is objective.

I opened one of the hotdogs - right away, the "wiener" came out of the bun. I'm not sure if it was designed to be taken apart, but I actually liked that. It made it fun. The "bun" felt very soft & smooth, which was nice. It also had a pleasant fragrance. I didn't eat the bun, but did eat the wiener part and found it too chewy for my taste.  Though it did taste okay.  I think for those who are fans of chewy candies, these would be a real treat! 
(●´ω`●)




Kawaii Fridge Magnets for Sale

And these popular, funny, cute and downright silly magnets are for sale again. In the past, both on Etsy and at The Market here in Red Deer, I've sold them individually for $2 each.

Then, around Christmas this last year, I was selling the five-packs for $5 each (making each magnet 50% off). 

Now, I have a few packs left and they are going for $2/pack!! That's over half price! 




All 5 magnets - designed and crafted by me - are for you, for only $2 CAD.  This deal isn't currently on Etsy, but we can meet in person if you live in Red Deer and I'll give them to you that way, OR if you're not in Red Deer, email me your mailing address and you can eTransfer me at darylannderoche@gmail.com  

They make great gifts, workplace or school locker decorations, or just fun magnets for your fridge at home. Who doesn't love a little giggle to brighten their day? 


Thank you everyone for being here with me today!

xoxo, Daryl J. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧











No comments:

Post a Comment