Thursday 21 September 2017

Belated

Yes, it's no longer Wednesday. But this review was fully intended for yesterday. I am now wrapping up the Origami Challenge that ran across most of this Summer. After reviewing a super cute website called Paper Kawaii, I decided to try some of her projects. I admit I basically failed at most of them, but then I found a really cool one I was able to do.

It's a Sonobe bowl, made via modular origami. It required 9 sheets of paper, and was totally worth it 😎


They fit into each other. No glue required.

Flipped over and can be used as a 'bowl' for jewelry, office supplies, candy. etc.

Anyway, I did try to make a video this morning (did my hair and everything), but there is something wrong with our webcam app. Silly Windows 10, hehe. Then I tried our portable camera to do a video that way, but it needed charging, lol. So it's photos.

so to review the Paper Kawaii website, I must say firstly that Chrissy, the lady behind it all, is immensely talented! She does origami projects that seem super human!

She also has a book about origami projects, if you'd like to try your hand at a few. And there's lots of easy-to-follow tutorial videos. Great for those with excellent hand-eye coordination.

And to review my project pictured above, I thought it was going to be really hard. I struggled with a few prior to that, and then was pleasantly surprised to find how easy it was to fold the 9 'parts' for this bowl. It was harder to put them together, but I did it 😊

Anyway, our #OrigamiChallenge ends on the last day of September, so get cracking. Or I should say... get folding!






And before I go for the day, I'd like to say it was fate that this blogpost was belated. Last night, Rob & I watched the winner announcement for America's Got Talent, season 12.

If you are keeping up with my Zoo'd Animal Hybrid Friends facebook group, then you will have seen a recent post about an AMAZING 12-year-old girl named Darci Lynne. She recently sang a Paul McCartney and John Lennon song using 2 distinctly different puppets, as part of her mind-blowing ventriloquism act. I casually started she should win the show, but I didn't know that would really happen...


So I'd love to give a huge shout out to both Darci Lynne, and the adorable and talented singing Angelica Hale. It was a tense moment when it was down to the 2 girls. There is no 'loser'... Angelica, you're a superstar. And you're going places! 💗

And Darci, thank you for sharing your sense of humor, and amazing ability to sing with a closed mouth. And hitting those notes? Wow! And to sing in multiple characters at once? Double wow.


Have a wonderful day readers,
lots of love,
Daryl J. of Kawaii365

No comments:

Post a Comment