Monday 26 June 2017

Why A Blogger Should Post Regularly

9 Reasons I Should've Done This Sooner

Hello sweet friends,

I cannot even begin to express my gratitude for your patience right now. (the stats of this blog show that, despite my lack of activity, some of you are still reading regularly - thank you).


It all started with the windstorm in Red Deer - even though I hadn't actually posted anything on this blog since June 17, I was going to after our weekend together at Sylvan Lake (sometimes when Rob has time off work, I get busy with things like cooking and whatnot which explains why I didn't post on Monday last week).

On Tuesday, June 20, I was ready to post except for 1 thing - Red Deer was having a tornado! We were just getting ready to sit down for dinner, and thankfully our windows were open so we could immediately be alerted to the imminent danger - we both heard a giant 'whoosh' and wind ripped through our windows and nearly removed the drapery. We looked and saw a brown cloud of dust and debris swirling right against our balcony, so we put the food in the fridge, grabbed the cell phone, put on our shoes and went down to this condo building's underground parkade to be safe. This building lost some shingles, while other buildings further North in our city had lost their entire rooftops, and a majority of Red Deer lost electricity for several days straight!

Our computer was temporarily fried (thank God everything else was okay in here when we came home). I was still able to make daily art projects and photograph them with our camera, knowing that at some point when I was back online and had free time [other than all this catching up on housework and my retail job] that I'd be sharing cute art with you lovely people again 😍


So with that being said, starting today (June 26, also my niece Ella's 7th birthday - hope it's a good one sweetie!) I'm sharing the daily #Kawaii365 projects in chronological order. There are 9 of them in total queue.




This one above is an illustration of my current mood. I feel not only hot from the 33*C humidex we have today, but also because I've been working hard at my retail job, at housework and meal prep around here, and this evening is my first real 'Daryl Day' in awhile. I've been feeling hurried trying to catch up on personal projects.
My husband Rob is so understanding when I'm like this - he knows it's nothing personal and I really appreciate that. As an ambivert, I'll come around after some time to recharge.

And below is one of the early stages of this picture - it looked funny so I wanted to share with you, the giggle ^_^

And yesterday's project was something I've been meaning to do for a very, very long time - in fact, it's actually related to June 19's art project and you'll see why soon:


I finally got my first 3 animal hybrids (other than the pineapple + owl one) uploaded to my tee shirt and accessory shop at RedBubble.com/People/KawaiiNMore

In order of left to right, they are a Dogosaur, Rabbird, and Unicat 🐈


And now for June 24's:


This one is a Dilly Bar I drew on a napkin at Dairy Queen during a date with Rob. we went there after work because they were celebrating their 50-year anniversary here with 50c items! And seriously, who doesn't love a good, cold, sweet Dilly Bar, right?


And June 23's:


I recently went through my bag of art supplies that I bought at Dollarama last July, upon starting this project. Now nearly a year later, this daily kawaii art project is nearing it's end of 365 days... so I purged some of the half-used stuff and organized the rest. I came across lots of stickers (more than I knew I had) and they inspired me to do a cosmic themed alien one.


And June 22's:


Today was day 2 of using Noah Scalin's dice idea from his book 'Unstuck'. Since I've done well over 300 of these kawaii art pieces, sometimes I do get a mental block. These dice help change my perspective and with 'red' and 'soft', I used a pipe cleaner and red paint to create a 'kiss'.

(And yes, I did use the yoga mat for actual yoga too, not just as a backdrop).


And for June 21:


Today was the first day in awhile that I decided to use the dice again - they really do come in handy, because they often show me things that were so close they were too obvious to see.


And June 20:


Hahaha, I made this one when I first went through and purged some of my art supplies, and discovered the abundance of stickers still in there! (I used some metallic pencil crayons that Rob bought for me when I took up an interest in adult coloring).

June 19 (also my 'sister' Sabrina's birthday):


As stated above in June 25's post (almost a week apart!), these 2 are related. Here's the basic design ideas (you'll notice I didn't really erase the pencil lines this time before inking, and the coloring in is just rough).


And finally June 18's post, made after mine & Rob's visit to Sylvan Lake that day (which was also Father's Day - though we're not able to have kids, we still celebrate the parental days with each other because I know he'd make an awesome father).


Wanna hear a really romantic true story?

In 2008, when Rob & I were only dating for about a month and a half, he happened to go with his family to Sylvan Lake for a day trip/weekend and I was staying over at my mum's place. He phoned me there and while we were talking, he remembers walking down the beach at Sylvan. Now in 2017, it's mostly under a couple of feet of water... but it will always be 'our beach' in some way. Because we shared a bonding connection on it, in a way.


This was one of the longest posts I've ever written, and I really appreciate your staying with me the whole way through. Just because you did that, please download and print this free coloring sheet to reward yourself:



Domo arigatou, sayanora! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment