Tuesday 30 May 2017

Clumpy Mascara

Good evening, konbanwa! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

So I recently bought a mascara for only $8, which seemed like a deal compared to the typical prices on the market. I was excited too because I have almost no natural lashes, so the promise of volume, length, fullness, etc. made me buy it (plus the marketing trick of the red lid).

Then I started using it. And well... let's just say that didn't last long. Now I currently use E.L.F. brand, which costs very little and works quite well (I usually just throw on light makeup for 5 minutes in the morning over coffee, before work).

I felt guilty just 'throwing it away', so I used it up as best I could for today's #Kawaii365 art project. The Anime-style woman, looking toward the moon with her big eyes, as her blonde hair sweeps across the page...


...is based on a picture of Sailor Moon I saw as a 10 or 11-year-old girl. It was so ethereal and stunning, I kept it for many years until it wore out. The world of Anime and Manga was new to me, and I had never seen cartoon women combined with such soft, pastel and romantic elements before. I know in my heart that picture could never be 100% recaptured, but expressing this similar image felt quite nice as an homage.

And her eye shadow and blushed cheeks are real. I used my actual makeup for that. Her lips have real lip stick and even her grey-blue eyes are colored with eye shadow.

Well I get up early for work tomorrow, so have an awesome night (✿◠‿◠)

Sayonara! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment