Friday 3 March 2017

I Can See Again!

Hello, konbanwa/good evening lovelies!

Earlier today after work, I went to Icon Vision Care, an amazing optical centre where I got the red glasses, and got a pupil dilation done. To be honest with you guys, I didn't think I'd be able to see well enough to even write a Friday post at all (today's Feature Friday will be transferred to next week; apologies for any inconvenience).


My eyes are still a little wonky, but much better than earlier (✿◠‿◠)


If you don't wear glasses and haven't had this procedure done before, I'll explain what happened:

1) The doctor puts a drop in each eye, of a drug that paralyzes your pupils so they dilate, but cannot contract. This lasts about 4 hours, and slightly stings but it's bearable.

2) When your pupils are dilated, there will be lots of bright lights - from camera flashes (they need pictures inside your eyes) to just looking at your eyes in general.

3) You will be seeing spots and have blurred vision for awhile; reading is all-but impossible due to paralyzed pupils. You will need a driver to get you home, since you cannot drive without vision.

4) Though the eye doctor told me I could do everyday activities such as read or watch TV (and I believe him, today was my first time having this done in years!) - I opted for sleeping it off instead.

Anyway, it's a relief that we were able to share a #Kawaii365 project for today after all, and because Dr. Wan (who works at Icon Vision Care, if you happen to be in the Red Deer region) said I would look like an owl, that stuck with me because I love (and collect) owls!


Have a great night everyone - love each other (✿◠‿◠)

No comments:

Post a Comment