Tuesday 7 February 2017

A Much-Needed Break

Konbanwa (good evening in Japanese) friends.

I have tonight off work and so there's seemingly endless housework to do. I still have laundry to fold and put away (winter in Canada means layering clothes, which means 2x as much laundry for at least 6 months straight).

We also have a white laminate floor that never stays "swept" and sometimes I just need to get away from it all and escape into my art. After all, it's not like I get paid for housework anyway...

So this afternoon Rob & I went on a date to Second Cup, and though previously a wonderful Barista had made a smiley for me (after recognizing me) on the foam - this one isn't as good as hers. Maybe because hers felt so special and touched my heart 💚

So here is February 7's #Kawaii365 project:


I admit it's basically creepy, but sometimes the weird ones make this year-long project more fun, lol. After all, in Noah Scalin's book 'Unstuck', one of the Big Seven rules to live by is to not strive for perfection. And it's true, imperfections only add character and remind my fans that I'm human just like you!

Image result for noah scalin unstuck
Order the book here


Thank you, domo arigatou, sweet friends! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment