Monday 16 January 2017

Pink Hair, Don't Care

First of all, before I get into my new look - I'd like to give a big shout out to the awesome girl at Second Cup today who drew a kawaii cute smiley face in the foam on top of the almond mocha I ordered! You made my day (✿◠‿◠)

So being that we recently got back home from a fabulous week in Mexico, I feel a bit blue coming home to winter (though Red Deer has been blessed to have warmer temperatures this week), and seemingly endless laundry (our dryer now has sand in it to clean up), and getting back to housework in general. Rob has been romantic and generous with his time to take us out on dates for coffee and light shopping so we can enjoy each other's company before it's back to work time - and meeting up with a friend of the family gave me some inspiration to go with something I've been wanting to do for awhile.

Dyeing my hair pink.

Yes, that's right - Rob & I met for lunch with some of his relatives and one of them brought a good friend who had a streak of purple in the front, and it looked so nice. I have been wanting to do something radical with my hair for awhile, and the beginning of a new year seems like the right time to let my inner freak out a bit. I mean, I'm a total kawaii girl anyway, right?


Still feeling inspired by Noah Scalin's 365 ideas, I like to do something new everyday and this is today's.


Inspiration is everywhere. My initial inspiration is of course my favorite X-Men mutant, Rogue (I'm a big fan of this Marvel series!). Since childhood, I have loved the wild child streak in her hair.

Though hers is not pink, the concept of the 'chunk in the front' appeals to those of us who are not bold enough to do all-over color (there are times I will need to brush my natural hair color over to hide this).









Then there are my co-workers in my retail job - Alysha, Lauren and Julie - you ladies are awesome and I admire your courage with color! Keep being you.

And there's inspiration in bold celebrities who are fearless with vibrant hair - from Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj, to Pink (Alecia Moore) and Kelly Osbourne, Rihanna, Hilary Duff... the list goes on.

Melanie Martinez knows how to rock her hair!


And then of course, there are the inspirations from right here in the Kawaii Community/Interests:




So is it 'weird' or 'unacceptable' to have pink hair? Nope. Is it awesome? You bet!

A Selfie for Instagram. Follow me @darylart_digital_onetsy

どうもありがとう Domo Arigatou (thanks) for loyally reading here ^_^






No comments:

Post a Comment