Monday 15 August 2016

Random Facts About Daryl

Wow. I started this blog on July 10, 2016 and just over a month later, I'm pleasantly overwhelmed by the sudden popularity. I want you all to know how much I appreciate each & every one of you ^3^

So for quirky entertainment, I'm opening up to share more of myself with you. Here are some interesting random facts about me, so we can get to know each other more (feel free to share some facts about yourself in the comments below):

  • My favorite anime is Sailor Moon, which aired here in Canada in the 90s. I was about 9 years old the first time I saw it.
Image result for sailor moon
  • I am allergic to Starbucks caramel coffee. Whenever I ingest their sweetener, I shake violently and end up sick from both ends :(  I still like their atmosphere and treats though.
  • I met my husband Rob at McDonalds when I used to work there in 2008. We were friends for 5 months before he asked me out and we got married in 2011, exactly 3 years to our 1st date.
  • Before getting married, I was a lingerie/artist's model and burlesque dancer, but left due to feeling sleazy about the lifestyle. I want to belong to one man only.
  • My 2 favorite months are August and October. I like August because it makes me think of mine & Rob's romance blooming (I would name my daughter August), and I like October because it's such a beautiful month with the colorful leaves, Rob's birthday, Canadian Thanksgiving, and my 2nd favorite Holiday which is Halloween!
Image result for cute Halloween pumpkin
  • At age 6, I was diagnosed with ADHD (Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder) because I wasn't behaving 'normally' in school. By age 8, I was tested again by child psychologists and my reasoning skills and IQ were so high they went right off the charts! Now as an adult, I am still quirky but highly intelligent.
  • I wanted to be a hairdresser for years, so as a teen I took beauty classes. I had to drop out though, because I developed cancer in my left hand which required 2 life-changing surgeries.
  • And my hubby & I are both left-handers! Interesting odds since we're rare.
  • I used to sell AVON products, religiously, for 6 years until June 2015. Then I changed careers.
  • I began collecting Hello Kitty stuff at age 12. My very first item was a small tissue box:
  • Now I have over 100 HK items, including clothing, stickers, plush toys, utensils and dishes, pens/pencils, cases, bags, books, DVDs, socks, and other misc. items.
  • I have my moon sign in Gemini, which might be why I talk so much? Haha.
  • My favorite Disney princess is Belle, of my favorite Disney rehash of the story 'Beauty & the Beast', because I find it so relateable. I feel I am a lot like Belle.
  • I got kissed by a dolphin during a trip to Jamaica in early 2015, which fulfilled a lifelong dream both of seeing the island and meeting a dolphin someday:
  • In 2009, I earned my Art Diploma. At the time I was training for it, I wanted to be a graphic novelist. Nowadays I'm content with other artistic pursuits.
  • Due to depth perception issues, I cannot drive because I swerve too much.
  • I have 4 'vampire' (or 'werewolf') teeth. My eye teeth are pointed and it runs in my family.
  • In high school I had blonde hair (bleached), then in my earlier 20s I had chestnut brown hair and before getting married I was dying my hair red (my favorite shade).












  • I am deathly afraid of stinging insects!! I run away from and dodge just about everything that is large and has wings, just in case!
  • Though I am nearly 30, I don't like management positions at work, because the extra stress doesn't mix well with my ADHD. So I just work part-time mostly folding clothes.
  • I have a Soprano singing voice, though I am working on my range and ability to do impressions of other singers. Who knows? Maybe that can be a video someday.
  • I put so much effort into the #kawaii365 project, that sometimes it takes me several days to complete just one of the projects.
  • Soon, I'll be introducing a whole line of kawaii greeting cards to my Etsy shop ^_^
  • Recently, I set up a Patreon page, which is basically GoFundMe for artists to follow their dreams. If you want to learn more, check me out here. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment