Thursday 25 May 2017

A Day in the Hospital

Hello, good evening. I'm going to keep this fairly short because, due to a uterine problem (the joy of being a woman!) I lost a bit too much blood and had to go to the ER.

They ran a batch of tests and gave me a coagulant medication to help, and everyone was really nice at the hospital. While laying in the gurney bed in that blue gown (that ties in the back), my life started flashing before my eyes. It is just amazing how much we all take life for granted. If you aren't working your dream job, dating or married to your dream partner, or enjoying your favorite hobbies - you need to make that change now, not later.

If you're not saying I love you to your beau, your family, your friends, and your pets every day - change that now! This medical ordeal has reminded me that anyone's life can be shortened. I'm only 29. Anyway,  want you all to know: I love you!



There's a story to the above #Kawaii365 picture. I didn't draw it today - the inspirational book 'Unstuck' (by Noah Scalin) happened to have a creativity activity to do with thought bubbles. Here in Red Deer, leaving stickers on things is vandalism and results in fines.

So as a kawaii fan and artist, I did the next best thing and filled in the blank ones with some mock characters. If I made a manga graphic novel, the characters would have these general traits in their style, personality and expressions.

Although I drew this several weeks ago, I never dated it. And I took this book to the ER with me for something interesting to read while I waited - then I saw this and after everything today, I'm not in the right level of energy to make one. So this was happenstance.

Love you all! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment