It's because today, August 11, is the 5 year anniversary of our wedding in 2011 (✿ ♥‿♥)
In honor of the occasion, we are sharing some Advice for Young Marrieds or Engaged Couples:
- Don't floss or brush your teeth with the door open. Your spouse will see your plaque.
- In the same note, don't use the toilet with the door open either. That's private stuff.
- Remember why you two fell in love in the first place. Always remember that feeling, even during a fight. Make sure you put your love before winning a silly argument.
- Always work on your looks and never 'let yourself go'. I know it sounds shallow and your spouse loves you for who you are, but sexual attraction is and always will be important.
- Allow each other some space, at times. When I first started this blog, I felt like Rob was mad at me and thought I was trying to ignore him because I was on the computer. I am always loving Rob, every second of every day and sometimes I just need to sit in my home office and create.
- We all have bad days, but don't whine to or vent at your spouse all the time!
- Remember, they are your best friend with your best interests at heart. Don't start to treat them otherwise (no taking for granted, or resenting, etc.).
- Sometimes we must give in or compromise to make them happy and that's okay :)
- Sex is a beautiful, magical way to share intimacy, so don't treat it as a weapon against them.
- On that subject, even when you've been lovers for years, always try new, romantic things. Remember that it's never too late to introduce a new type of sheets, positions, massage techniques, lotions, or anything that can enhance the romance. (◕‿-)
Here Are Some Words of Wisdom From Other Married Bloggers:
1. Unveiled Wife by Jennifer Smith - https://unveiledwife.com/recipe-passion-filled-marriage/
2. Various tidbits on LoveandMarriage blog by Liz - http://loveandmarriageblog.com/category/marriage/
3. Staying in Love Forever - http://www.projecthappilyeverafter.com/2009/06/how-to-fall-back-in-love/ from Project Happily Ever After by Alisa Bowman.
4. A Whole Treasure Trove of advice at http://www.thedatingdivas.com/tag/Marriage-Advice/
5. How Marriage Makes you Healthier by Fawn of the Happy Wives Club - http://www.happywivesclub.com/the-marriage-effect-how-being-married-makes-you-happier/
Thank you for celebrating with us, and have a super adorable day!