Saturday 23 July 2016

Thoughts on Pokemon Go app, part 1

Hi everyone! How are you?

So this Pokémon Go app is sweeping the nation! It seems half the cellphone wielding world is for the app, and the other half seems to think it's moronic. I wasn't really on either team at first, but the more I hear about it, the more I am intrigued. I've heard they can show up in some really odd and unexpected places, including a facebook post I saw of one on a friend's boobies while she was standing in a park. I almost peed myself laughing.

^_^     ^_^      ^_^     ^_^       ^_^      ^_^  

It's important to note that safety is your #1 priority while playing this game. It sounds addicting for sure, but there have been numerous reports of players walking right into oncoming traffic, falling off a cliffside and even showing up in a place where muggers found them & harmed them. In addition to the obvious physical dangers, it's also important to note safety of personal accounts, passwords and your camera's privacy. I recently heard on the news that a young woman found one of them in her bedroom which was pretty freaky.

Anyway, knowing that there are risks associated with this app - and that it requires my full awareness of surroundings at all times, I am considering downloading it to gain an objective perspective... to see what all the fuss is about.

So let me know your thoughts on this app. Comment in the space below!

until next post, Daryl ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment